The College of LAS continues to work closely with campus to work through the impact COVID-19 is having on our operations. In addition to the information below for LAS, campus-wide information and resources are available on the campus website.
Instructional planning for Fall 2020
In light of the COVID-19 global pandemic, cross-functional teams on campus have prepared strategies and recommendations to account for various operational scenarios for Fall 2020. These teams have drafted in-depth reports (included below) that prioritize the health and safety of our community members and acknowledge the significant risks posed to certain members of our LAS community by COVID-19.
- The Instructional Contingency Planning Task Force Report was released by Provost Cangellaris in a campus-wide massmail on June 3.
- The LAS COVID Planning Group Report was published on June 9 in an email to LAS faculty and staff. This is a companion report to the Instructional Contingency Planning Task Force Report and offers LAS-specific suggestions for the fall semester related to COVID-19 instructional planning. Although the LAS report attempts to consider a wide range of issues, we welcome additional ideas and comments, which we will pass on to the implementation team. Please submit them via this survey. We will also be gathering feedback from students via a separate survey. Note: LAS faculty and staff will need to log-in with their university NetID and password in order to access the LAS COVID Planning Group Report.
- After consulting with faculty, staff, students, and health officials, campus announced plans on June 18 for modified on-campus instruction for the Fall 2020 semester.
Resources for returning to campus
The following documents and guidelines have been created for LAS faculty and staff to consider as they plan to return to campus this summer and fall.
- LAS General Return to Work Requirements (May 29)
- LAS Laboratory Return to Work Requirements (May 27)
- LAS Return to Work Checklist (May 29)
- Social Distancing Considerations developed by the F&S Health and Safety Response Team
- Building Services - Cleaning and Disinfecting Strategies developed by F&S
- Reimbursements for Disinfectant Wipes and Hand Sanitizers
- COVID-related signs and templates
Delivering online instruction
In response to campus' decision to suspend in-person classes for the spring and summer terms, ATLAS has prepared a robust set of resources to help instructors deliver courses online.
The following messages have been sent by the Office of the Dean to LAS faculty, staff, and grad students:
- LAS supports international students, July 8
- Fall 2020 Semester Instruction, June 18
- Contingency plan for teaching your classes, March 30
- COVID-19 academic policies: new deadline, pass/no-pass, March 25
- LAS guidelines for instructional staff, March 22
- Preparing for next week, March 20
- Telecommuting Agreement - COVID-19, March 18
- COVID-19 update for faculty, staff, and teaching assistants, March 11
- COVID-19 continuity planning, March 9
Teleworking resources for staff
The following resources have been provided for staff to help them work remotely in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Illinois Human Resources Remote Working Protocol
- ATLAS Share computer loan program extended to faculty and staff
- How to use Zoom for virtual meetings: To access all Zoom features, you must log in through the Illinois Zoom Portal at illinois.zoom.us or “Sign In with SSO” when using the desktop client. Zoom resources for instructors can be found on CITL’s Instructional Continuity website. For additional information on using Zoom, please visit this Quick Start Guide.
- Technology Services guide on how to download and set up a VPN