The College of LAS continues to work closely with campus to work through the impact COVID-19 is having on our operations. In addition to the information below for LAS, campus-wide information and resources are available on the campus website.
Delivering online instruction
In response to campus' decision to suspend in-person classes, ATLAS has prepared a robust set of resources to help instructors deliver courses online. This page also includes links to resources provided by other campus units.
The following messages have been sent by the Office of the Dean to LAS faculty, staff, and grad students:
- Contingency plan for teaching your classes, March 30
- COVID-19 academic policies: new deadline, pass/no-pass, March 25
- LAS guidelines for instructional staff, March 22
- Preparing for next week, March 20
- Telecommuting Agreement - COVID-19, March 18
- COVID-19 update for faculty, staff, and teaching assistants, March 11
- COVID-19 continuity planning, March 9
Teleworking resources for staff
The following resources have been provided for staff to help them work remotely in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Illinois Human Resources Remote Working Protocol
- ATLAS Share computer loan program extended to faculty and staff
- How to use Zoom for virtual meetings: To access all Zoom features, you must log in through the Illinois Zoom Portal at illinois.zoom.us or “Sign In with SSO” when using the desktop client. Zoom resources for instructors can be found on CITL’s Instructional Continuity website. For additional information on using Zoom, please visit this Quick Start Guide.
- Technology Services guide on how to download and set up a VPN