Welcome to LAS
To kick off your amazing journey at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, join us in August for LAS Liftoff.
This welcome celebration for first-year and transfer students in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (LAS) will feature entertainment, free LAS t-shirts, games and snacks, and the chance to meet classmates and staff within our college. All incoming freshmen and transfer students are welcome.
Friday, Aug. 18, 2023
Doors open at 1:30 p.m. | Program starts at 2 p.m.
State Farm Center, Champaign
If you will need disability-related accommodations to participate in this event, please contact the College of LAS.
The College of LAS plans to capture photographs and video of this event. Be aware that if you attend, you are consenting to the possibility that your image and likeness may be shared or published by the university for marketing-communications purposes.
Need help finding the booth for you major? Looking for a specific student support table? We've got you covered.
Still can't find what you're looking for? Talk to an LAS intern—they're wearing the light blue shirts!
Academic units & majors
Alphabetical by area
- Actuarial Science - 3
- Astronomy - 10
- Atmospheric Sciences - 6
- Biochemistry - 13
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering - 15
- Chemistry - 15
- Earth, Society, & Environmental Sustainability - 7
- Geography & Geographic Information Science - 9
- Geology - 8
- Integrative Biology - 11
- Mathematics - 4
- MCB - 14
- Neuroscience - 12
- Statistics - 1
- Classics - 27
- Creative Writing - 17
- English - 18
- French & Italian - 22
- Germanic Languages & Literatures - 23
- History - 19
- Latina/Latino Studies - 24
- Linguistics, Less Commonly Taught Languages Program - 21
- Literatures, Cultures & Linguistics, School of - 20
- Philosophy - 28
- Portuguese - 26
- Slavic Languages & Literatures - 29
- Spanish - 25
- Anthropology - 32
- Communication - 40
- Economics - 34
- Global Studies - 39
- Political Science - 31
- Psychology - 41
- Sociology - 35
- African Studies, Center for - 36
- CS + X - 5
- European Union Center - 33
- Latin American & Caribbean Studies, Center for - 37
- Russian, East European, and Eurasian Center - 30
- Secondary Education Minor - 16
- South Asian & Middle Eastern Studies, Center for - 38
- X + Data Science - 2