The College of LAS has plenty of resources for your program change request.
Some requests for administrative changes to your program or registration may be made online, some must be printed out and directions followed, and some requests can only be made at LAS Student Academic Affairs in 2002 Lincoln Hall. The list below includes your options. You may contact us by email if you have a question.
To speed the process of managing your academic program:
- First fill out the form—this will make your advising appointment more efficient.
- Bring all the pages of the form (including instruction sheets) to your advising appointment.
- Deliver your completed form in person to the office indicated, if necessary.
(Note: Students affiliated with the Educational Opportunities Program (EOP), President’s Award Program (PAP), or Transition Program should submit all forms in person to the LAS Access and Achievement and Transition Office in 2002 Lincoln Hall.)
Majors and minors
- Change of major (Note: First see if there are special requirements that must be cleared with your department.)
- Declare a second major (obtain from LAS Student Academic Affairs).
- Declare a minor.
- Use the curriculum change form to add a preprofessional educational goal to your student record. Find more information on the preprofessional interests page. Form must be submitted during the designated change period
Course adds, changes, and drops
- Late course add/section change/credit change
- Petition for late course drop (obtain from LAS Student Academic Affairs)
(Note: On Reading Day and during the Final Examination period, students will not be permitted to submit a late drop petition without consulting first with a dean or advisor at LAS Student Academic Affairs or Access and Achievement Program, both in 2002 Lincoln Hall. Students who wish to drop a summer course after the deadline should see a dean or advisor in the LAS Student Academic Affairs office.)
- Petition for Retroactive Course Drop (obtain from LAS Student Academic Affairs)
Course load, credit/no credit, and grade replacement
- Course underload - This form is only for students who are planning to graduate in the current term. If you are seeking an underload for any other reason you must visit LAS Student Academic Affairs at 2002 Lincoln Hall.
- Course overload
- Credit/no credit
- Petition for electing credit/no credit after the deadline
- Grade replacement request
Attendance and withdrawals
- Students wishing to withdraw from the current term should visit LAS Student Academic Affairs at 2002 Lincoln Hall. Off-campus students should contact us by email for instructions
- Petition for retroactive withdrawal
- Petition for course substitution: Advanced Composition
- Language petition for accommodation for students with disabilities
- Students who have stopped out for two semesters or more will need to submit an LAS re-entry form. The form will be available in October for spring applicants. Find more information and deadlines on our re-entry page
- LAS Non-Degree Application (please see our non-degree enrollment page for more information)
- Application for second degree in LAS (obtain from LAS Student Academic Affairs)
Forms may also be obtained from LAS Student Academic Affairs.