Program change requests

The College of LAS has plenty of resources for your program change request.

As part of our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the College of LAS has modified its program change request forms to be available for completion entirely online. The list below includes your options. If you have a question, you may contact us by email or connect with us via a virtual advising appointment.

Majors and minors


Course adds, changes, and drops

  • Late course add/section change/credit change (Complete the top portion, send to your instructor for a signature, then send to the unit sponsoring the course.  Ask that unit to send the completed form to for processing.)
  • Petition for late course drop (obtain from LAS Student Academic Affairs)
    (Note: On Reading Day and during the Final Examination period, students will not be permitted to submit a late drop petition without consulting first with a dean or advisor at LAS Student Academic Affairs or Access and Achievement Program, both in 2002 Lincoln Hall. Students who wish to drop a summer course after the deadline should see a dean or advisor in the LAS Student Academic Affairs office.)
  • Petition for Retroactive Course Drop (obtain from LAS Student Academic Affairs)


Course load, credit/no credit, and grade replacement


Attendance and withdrawals


Degree requirements



  • Students who have stopped out for two semesters or more will need to submit an LAS re-entry form. The form will be available in October for spring applicants. Find more information and deadlines on our re-entry page
  • LAS Non-Degree Application (please see our non-degree enrollment page for more information)
  • Application for second degree in LAS (obtain from LAS Student Academic Affairs)

Forms may also be obtained from LAS Student Academic Affairs.


Transfer credit

Students who have completed coursework at another institution should have an official copy of the final transcript sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 901 W. Illinois St, Urbana, IL 61801.  More information on transfer credit can be found here.

Transfer reports and recommendations

Students applying to transfer to another institution will sometimes be asked to supply a dean’s report or dean's recommendation from their current institution. For students in LAS, such requests should be directed to Dean Robert Steltman. Depending on the information required, you may need to contact the Office of the Dean of Students as well. Dean Steltman will help you figure out your next steps.