- Change of major (Note: First see if there are special requirements that must be cleared with your department.)
- Declare a second major (not available in April or November)
- Declare a minor
- Cancel a minor you no longer wish to complete
- Use the curriculum change form to add a preprofessional educational goal to your student record. Find more information on the preprofessional interests page. Form must be submitted during the designated change period
- Late course add/section change/credit change Speak with the instructor of the class before submitting this form
- Petition for late course drop (obtain from LAS Student Academic Affairs)
Students who wish to drop a summer course after the deadline should see a dean or advisor in the LAS Student Academic Affairs office.)
- Petition for Retroactive Course Drop (obtain from LAS Student Academic Affairs)
- Course underload for continuing students - This form is for students who are not graduating this semester but need to drop a class that would put them below 12 hours
- Course underload for Graduating Seniors - This form is only for students who are planning to graduate in the Spring 2024 term.
- Course overload for Spring 2024
- Credit/No Credit declaration form for the current semester
- Petition for electing or rescinding credit/no credit after the deadline
- Grade replacement request (will open for Spring 2024 requests on November 13)
- Grade replacement petition form for previous terms
- Students who have stopped out for two semesters or more will need to submit an LAS re-entry form. The form will be available in October for spring applicants. Find more information and deadlines on our re-entry page
- LAS Non-Degree Application (please see our non-degree enrollment page for more information)
- Application for second degree in LAS (obtain from LAS Student Academic Affairs)
Forms may also be obtained from LAS Student Academic Affairs.
Students who have completed coursework at another institution should have an official copy of the final transcript sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 901 W. Illinois St, Urbana, IL 61801. More information on transfer credit can be found here.
Transfer reports and recommendations
Students applying to transfer to another institution will sometimes be asked to supply a dean’s report or dean's recommendation from their current institution. For students in LAS, such requests should be directed to Dean Robert Steltman. Depending on the information required, you may need to contact the Office of the Dean of Students as well. Dean Steltman will help you figure out your next steps.