The College of LAS has plenty of resources for your program change request.
As part of our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the College of LAS has modified its program change request forms to be available for completion entirely online. The list below includes your options. If you have a question, you may contact us by email or connect with us via a virtual advising appointment.
Majors and minors
- Change of major (Note: First see if there are special requirements that must be cleared with your department.)
- Declare a second major
- Declare a minor
- Cancel a minor you no longer wish to complete
- Use the curriculum change form to add a preprofessional educational goal to your student record. Find more information on the preprofessional interests page. Form must be submitted during the designated change period
Course adds, changes, and drops
- Late course add/section change/credit change (Complete the top portion, send to your instructor for a signature, then send to the unit sponsoring the course. Ask that unit to send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.)
- Petition for late course drop (obtain from LAS Student Academic Affairs)
(Note: On Reading Day and during the Final Examination period, students will not be permitted to submit a late drop petition without consulting first with a dean or advisor at LAS Student Academic Affairs or Access and Achievement Program, both in 2002 Lincoln Hall. Students who wish to drop a summer course after the deadline should see a dean or advisor in the LAS Student Academic Affairs office.)
- Petition for Retroactive Course Drop (obtain from LAS Student Academic Affairs)
Course load, credit/no credit, and grade replacement
- Course underload for continuing students - This form is for students who are not graduating this semester but need to drop a class that would put them below 12 hours
- Course underload for Graduating Seniors - This form is only for students who are planning to graduate in the current term.
- Course overload for Summer 2021 or Fall 2021
- Credit/No Credit declaration form for the current semester (not available in Spring 2021)
- Petition for electing or rescinding credit/no credit after the deadline
- Grade replacement request for Summer 2021 or Fall 2021
- Grade replacement petition form for previous terms
Attendance and withdrawals
- Students wishing to withdraw from the current term should first consult with the LAS Student Academic Affairs Office, and can then submit their request here
- Petition for retroactive withdrawal
- Petition for course substitution: Advanced Composition
- Language petition for accommodation for students with disabilities
- Students who have stopped out for two semesters or more will need to submit an LAS re-entry form. The form will be available in October for spring applicants. Find more information and deadlines on our re-entry page
- LAS Non-Degree Application (please see our non-degree enrollment page for more information)
- Application for second degree in LAS (obtain from LAS Student Academic Affairs)
Forms may also be obtained from LAS Student Academic Affairs.
Transfer reports and recommendations
Students applying to transfer to another institution will sometimes be asked to supply a dean’s report or dean's recommendation from their current institution. For students in LAS, such requests should be directed to Dean Bob Steltman. Depending on the information required, you may need to contact the Office of the Dean of Students as well. Dean Steltman will help you figure out your next steps.