LAS students who voluntarily withdrew during the semester or stopped out for a semester are generally eligible for re-entry to the LAS major in which they were last enrolled, provided they meet two conditions:
- The student is in good standing or on probation
- The student's maximum terms of eligibility have not been exceeded. LAS limits the numbers of semesters students may be enrolled for the purpose of completing their degrees.
Other students who may complete the LAS Re-Entry Application form include:
- LAS students placed on a "must petition" status due to late semester withdrawal, disciplinary issue, or other special circumstances. Re-entry is not guaranteed.
- Any U of I student required to spend time away from campus due to inadequate academic progress ("drop" status) who now wants to apply for re-instatement or admission to LAS as a declared major. Re-entry is not guaranteed.
- Students who have already earned a degree at Illinois and wish to pursue a second Bachelors degree
Choose one of the following steps, depending upon your time of absence:
- LAS Students who have stopped out for one semester only should contact their admissions/records officer to verify remaining degree requirements and appropriate registration time.
- Students who have stopped out for two semesters or more should submit an LAS re-entry form.
- Students on academic drop status must stop out for two consecutive semesters before they are eligible to submit a petition for re-entry. Re-entry is not guaranteed and will depend upon a careful review of your application and previous performance patterns, and on the availability of university facilities when the student applies.
- International students should submit by the priority application deadline in order to provide enough time for visa application and processing.
- Your application to re-enter must be received by the dates indicated below.
|Term for which applying||Application available||Deadline for priority application||Decision on priority application||Last possible date for completed application|
|Summer Term||February 1||March 1||May 1||April 30|
|Fall Term||May 1||June 1||July 15||July 15|
|Spring Term||October 1||November 1||December 15||November 30|