Submitting a course for review
LAS units will use the Course Inventory Management module to submit new and revised courses. Each unit will have a designated CIM user(s) who can submit new/revised courses. Faculty can use the information below to submit their proposed new/revised courses to their department for entry into the CIM. All questions on the CIM should be addressed to Amy Elli.
Propose a new course: Submit the New Course Form (updated October 2018) and a syllabus to the approved CIM user within your unit.
Revision of a course: Submit the requested change(s) and a justification for the change(s) to the approved CIM user within your unit.
Course fee request: Submit the completed Course Fee Form to the approved CIM user within your unit.
Policies and guidelines
- LAS syllabi requirements & Checklist for LAS Course Syllabi
- Course credit guidelines
- Course fee policies from campus
- Differential credit guidelines for courses
- Discontinuing courses
- Graduate College guidelines for participation/discussion grades for graduate courses
- Graduate College requirements and recommendations for syllabi
- LAS Online course policies & guidelines
- Safety and security in the classroom information
- Deadlines for hiring to meet teaching needs
CIM processing information
- CIM training materials from the Office of the Registrar
- Reviewing and approving courses submitted through the CIM
- CIM helpful hints
Deadlines and course tracking log
- Deadlines for course submissions provides approximate dates for submitting new and revised course outlines forms to LAS for review
- Course tracking log provides list of all LAS courses in process. You may need to refresh your browser to view the current log.
Course Form Completion Information
- Academic Catalog for the University of Illinois: Provides links to the following important resources:
- Courses of instruction - all classes listed by course subject
- Curricular requirements - detailed information on undergraduate and graduate requirements
- Class schedule - classes offered by units each semester
- General education requirements
- Office of the Registrar: Information for faculty and staff that provides links to the following information:
- Course fees: Lists of all fees organized by semester from the Office of the Registrar
- Course Grade Mode reports: list from Office of the Registrar
- Course scheduling: Information from Campus Administrative Manual
- 6-10 Course Review Process Overview
- ATLAS teaching software and consulting: information on using technology in courses
For more information on any of these procedures, please contact:
Amy Elli, senior associate director of academic programs, (217) 333-6622
Office of the Dean, 2090 Lincoln Hall, MC-448
Please submit all course forms via the CIM for college processing.