Submitting curricula for review
We recommend that departments contact Stephen R. Downie (email@example.com), Interim Associate Dean for Curricula and Academic Policy, in the Office of the Dean prior to submitting proposals for new or revised curricula. A unit must obtain department (and school, if applicable) review before final submission to the college. Once a unit is ready to submit a final proposal, send Executive Officer (and School Director, if applicable) approval(s) via email to the aforementioned Associate Dean. All curricular proposals must be submitted as Word documents using the forms provided in the links below.
For proposals for NEW curricula (degree, major, concentration, minor), use the Proposal for NEW curricula form (updated Sept 2021).
For proposals to REVISE current curricula, please use the Proposal to REVISE curricula form (updated Sept 2021).
Policies and guidelines
LAS college policies
- LAS Science and Letters curriculum guidelines for majors
- LAS policy statement defining majors and specialized curricula
- LAS policy on approval semesters for undergraduate curricula
- Guidelines for restriction of numbers of majors when necessary for over-enrolled units
- LAS guidelines for awarding multiple majors and minors
- LAS certificate program guidelines
Graduate College policies
- Policy for approval of new and revised graduate degree programs
- Policy for graduate minors
- Policy for graduate concentrations
- Policy for off-campus/online delivery of graduate degree or certificate programs
- Online Delivery of Programs Supplemental Questions
For a list of current LAS certificate programs, please click here.
Processing timelines and Curricula Tracking Log
- Processing timeline for LAS degree programs: provides an overview of the review process.
- Curricula Tracking Log provides list of all LAS curricula in process. You may nupdateeed to refresh your browser to view the current log.
- Understanding levels of governance grid: The campus provides an overview of the road a proposal follows once it leaves the college.
Curricula Form Completion Information
- Provost Office's guidelines for new or revised programs
- Provost Office's information for establishing or modifying campus-wide undergraduate minors
- Academic Catalog for the University of Illinois - Provides links to the following important resources:
- Courses of Instruction - all classes listed by course subject
- Curricular Requirements - detailed information on Undergraduate and Graduate requirements
- Class Schedule - classes offered by units each semester
- General education requirements
- Curricula Approval Committee websites:
- LAS Advising Toolbox for advisors and faculty instructing undergraduate students
- A guide to the intercollegiate transfer (ICT) process
- Office of the Registrar: information for faculty and staff provides links to the following information:
- Course scheduling
- Final exam scheduling
- Grade processing
- Reporting and data access
- Calendars, policies, and forms
- LAS courses approval process information
For more information on any of these procedures, please contact:
Stephen R. Downie, firstname.lastname@example.org, interim associate dean for curricula and academic policy, (217) 333-1350
Amy Elli, email@example.com, senior associate director of academic programs, (217) 333-6622
College of LAS Office of the Dean, 2090 Lincoln Hall, MC-448