Those interested in earning a second bachelor's degree in the College of Liberal Arts & Science may do so in a variety of ways, depending on their circumstances:
- Students who are in certain LAS majors and wish to pursue a second degree in another LAS curriculum may earn a dual degree.
- Students who are currently in another college at Illinois may concurrently pursue a dual degree in LAS
- Students who have already received a degree at Illinois and wish to return to complete a second bachelor's degree in LAS
- Students who have already completed a degree elsewhere and wish to apply to complete a second bachelor's degree in LAS
Steps for earning a second degree
- Apply for admission if you have not previously attended Illinois or apply for re-entry if your first bachelor's degree was awarded at Illinois. Please note that you must meet the transfer requirements for your intended major.
- Once admitted, work with the advisor of your new major to develop a completion plan.
- Schedule an appointment with Tenaya Reifsteck, Kristy Valentin, or Bob Steltman in LAS Student Academic Affairs to have the completion plan approved.
Generally, second bachelor's degree candidates must complete 30-60 hours above the requirements for the first degree. Those hours will include any general education course deficiencies, major course requirements, and fulfillment of residency.