The LAS Student Academic Affairs Office supports the academic, personal, and professional development of every student. Through academic advising, we promote inclusive dialogue, recognize diverse experiences, encourage students to design their life and career, and to take responsibility for their success.
Meet our Student Academic Affairs leadership team.
Although the LAS Student Academic Affairs Office is not available for walk-ins, we are ready to assist you.
- If you would like to speak with a specific college-level advisor, please make an appointment. Select “LAS Student Academic Affairs Advising,” “LAS AAP Advising,” “LAS International Programs,” "LAS Career Development" or “LAS Honors.”
- If you have time between 1 pm and 5 pm Monday through Friday and would like to speak with a dean or advisor, add your name to our virtual advising queue. You will then receive a Zoom meeting invitation from one of our staff and will have five minutes to accept that invitation. If you select a phone call option, an advisor will call you.
- If you have a question that isn't urgent or you don't have the tools or time for a Zoom meeting, you may send a message to email@example.com. It may take up to three business days to respond, given the high volume of virtual communications we are experiencing.
The Student Assistance Center in the Office of the Dean of Students is continuing with virtual operations, 8:30 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. After 5 pm and on weekends, the Emergency Dean is available.
LAS college advisors can assist with:
- Changing majors when you are already enrolled in another LAS major (curriculum changes)
- Changing majors when you are enrolled in another college at the University of Illinois (intercollegiate transfer: ICT)
- Dual degrees
- Transfer student applicants and Parkland Pathway information
- Re-entry into the College of LAS
- Questions about academic standing
- Information regarding college policies and procedures
- College advising holds
- Withdrawal, late, or retroactive Drops
- Final exam conflicts
- Information regarding campus resources
- Assistance of any kind