LAS Alumni Council
The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Alumni Council is a volunteer group of alumni who serve as advocates and advisors to LAS. These alumni are devoted—they donate their time and creativity to help build lifelong connections between alumni and LAS. And considering that there are more than 180,000 living alumni, that’s a big undertaking.
The all-volunteer directors who serve on the LAS Alumni Council are responsible for the following:
- Serving as ambassadors of the College of LAS by promoting the value of a liberal arts and sciences degree
- Acting as advocates by staying informed about the current priorities, initiatives, and needs of the College of LAS
- Helping to develop and implement initiatives that support the College of LAS’ strategic priorities, with an emphasis on supporting and connecting with a diverse community of stakeholders (including but not limited to alumni, students, faculty, and donors) across multiple backgrounds, generations, geographical locations, and areas of affinity
- Recognizing fellow alumni for their accomplishments and impact locally, nationally, and globally through the annual selection of award recipients
2022-2023 LAS Alumni Council
- Lindsey Burgstahler (Vice Chair)
- Octavian Cheung
- Matthew E. Gold
- Heather Hathaway Miranda
- Graeme L. Jack
- Joey Levin (Chair)
- Susan Morisato
- Luis Narvaez
- Patricia Nebrida
- Bianca Savant
- Karen Shafer
- Delanie Steinweg
- Vivian Lin Thurston
- Victoria (Tori) Wilson
- Devin Manley
Apply to serve on the LAS Alumni Council
LAS graduates who are interested in serving on the council are encouraged to apply by completing the online application form and attaching a statement of interest and a resume or reference letter.
Volunteer directors serve as advocates for the college and volunteer their time to help with a variety of initiatives, including but not limited to student support and engagement, alumni support and engagement, and alumni awards. Those selected serve a four-year term and are expected to attend virtual Alumni Council meetings, attend student and alumni events as able, and oversee LAS Alumni Council committees.
We encourage nominees from across all LAS majors and graduation years. Composition of the council will ideally reflect the diversity of LAS’ alumni population including but not limited to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, geographic location, and degree(s) received.
For more information, including a more detailed volunteer position description, please email Margaret Edwards, the College of LAS' associate director of constituent engagement.