4:30 p.m. Saturday, May 11, 2019
709 S. Mathews Ave., Urbana
The School of Literatures, Cultures, and Linguistics hosts a May Convocation ceremony for those earning degrees in the following units:
- Comparative and World Literature
- East Asian Languages and Cultures
- French and Italian
- Germanic Languages and Literatures
- Linguistics (CS + Linguistics, Teaching English as a Second Language)
- Slavic Languages and Literatures
- Spanish and Portuguese
- Translation and Interpretation
Students graduating with degrees in August or December of 2018, or are on the May 2019 pending degree list (or plan to finish in August 2019) and who did not participate in Winter Convocation are eligible to participate. Degree candidates are sent information in March regarding registration and participation.
You may begin registering Friday, March 1, 2019, to participate in this convocation and receive tickets. Registration closes at 5 p.m. Friday, May 3, 2019.
PhD candidates are asked to provide the name of the faculty member who will hood you, and must deposit their dissertations by the spring deadline to participate.