Natasha Najam is a rising senior working towards a behavioral neuroscience psychology degree with chemistry and integrative biology minors. In a Q&A, she discusses her summer internship at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston.
- Jayne explains her experience with VACorps, an internship program based in Cape Town, South Africa, where she is working directly with employees of AFRODAD. "My project is opening my eyes to the debt crisis in African countries."
- Simon Kaplan is a senior studying comparative literature and classics at the University of Illinois. He is spending the summer brushing up on his Greek and engaging in research with the Book History Lab at the University of Athens through the Greek Studies on Site program.
- One of the best things about being a student at the University of Illinois is growing as an individual. Here are five ways I've developed new ways of thinking at UIUC.
- Arnoldo Ayala serves as the vice president of education for the Illinois Coalition Assisting Undocumented Students' Education (I-CAUSE) and as the speaker of the senate for Illinois Student Government and former department director for Helping Others Personal Excellence (HOPE).
- Raevianna Davis, a senior in English, recently participated in an ATLAS internship as a marketing and communications intern for the Humanities Professional Resource Center.
- LAS student Thomas Ballard gained valuable experience and insight via a summer internship at the White House.
- This summer, Rishi Chandra conducted research for the NASA Flight Center, where he analyzed photography from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.
- This summer, Miranda Johnson worked as an intern for Seaside Sustainability, Inc., where she learned valuable skills she hopes to bring into a career to combat the global climate crisis.
- Thanks to a Life + Career Design scholarship, Brendan McGovern has spent the summer working as an elections research intern for BallotReady, a nonpartisan political start-up in Chicago.