As a senior in high school, choosing which university you are going to can be a very difficult decision. There are many factors to consider before making the decision that’s right for you, whether it be about campus culture, location, or opportunities offered.
- In reading and studying philosophy, I realized that there is a philosophy in everything. How we direct our careers, how we create new things, how we interact with others—all of it relies on values that we don’t often think about.
- LAS graduate Riley Masterson reflects on her time at UIUC
- LAS student Manuel Fernandez reflects on three things he's gained at UIUC.
- To combat my stress levels regarding choosing which university to attend, I began visiting all the schools I was accepted to. I was lucky enough to have a friend already attending UIUC, so I made plans to stay with her for a weekend to aid in my decision-making process.
- A junior majoring in political science and minoring in Spanish, Alexis the student body president for Illinois Student Government (ISG). She discussed her election experience, what makes ISG so important, and her journey through college as a first-generation student.
- Nick Hafner recounts his experience as a psychology major and student manager on the Illini football team.
- The top five things I love about being a global studies major: That it's interdisciplinary, the study abroad opportunities, a focus on language development, my intercultural peers, and the global career opportunities
- The top five things I love about being a political science major: The classes, research opportunities, internship opportunities, classes, and gained skills
- The top five things I love about being a biology major: The research opportunities, the advisors, the faculty, the RSOs, and the variety of students in my classes