This award was established in 2019 through the generosity of Sarah C. Mangelsdorf, former Dean of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (LAS), and Karl S. Rosengren, former professor in the Department of Psychology, in honor of Paula Adametz Hays’s superior contributions to the College of LAS for 24 years. One award may be made annually. The LAS Awards Committee will review and rank the nominations received. Final recipient recommendation will be approved by the dean of the college.
Nominee must be a full-time permanent Civil Service or Academic Professional employee in the College of LAS for at least six years by the nomination deadline. Recipient must be employed in LAS at time of reception. A person who receives any of the following LAS Awards will not be eligible for a second college award during the next 10-year period: the LAS Staff Award, Nancy McCowen Distinguished Staff Service Award, Paula Adametz Hays Staff Award, and the LAS Academic Professional Award.
Recipients will receive a $2,000 award and a commemorative plaque. Both will be presented at the LAS Awards Reception in the spring semester.
- Promotes positive morale in the unit, supports others, provides service to others, recognizes others, displays a supportive and encouraging attitude to others
- Demonstrates initiative, excellence in work performance, and leadership in the unit
- Exemplifies a positive image of their unit
- Promotes positive team and collaborative environment within the unit/college/campus
Nominations for this award may be made by any member of the campus community (staff, faculty, or student), but must be endorsed by the executive officer of the nominee's unit. All nominations must be submitted on the official LAS nomination form. All materials must be typed in 12 point, Times New Roman font, and single-spaced.
Those submitting a nomination for the Paula Adametz Hays Award should include all of the following:
- Paula Adametz Hays Award nomination form
- Nominee's official job description
- Narrative of no more than three pages describing how the nominee fulfills the stated criteria (indicate specific activities or programs in which your candidate has excelled)
- No more than three letters of recommendation that describe how the nominee fulfills the stated criteria
All re-nominations require submission of an updated narrative as well as a new nominating form.
The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. on October 18, 2021. A PDF of the nomination packet should be emailed to Amy Elli. If needed, a paper copy can be sent to: LAS AWARDS COMMITTEE, c/o Amy Elli, 2090 Lincoln Hall, MC-448.