We’re here for you.
The final weeks of the Spring 2020 semester will look and feel quite unusual, but the College of LAS remains at your side as we navigate these unprecedented times together.
As you begin your new study platform this week, remember the College of LAS is working closely with the university to ensure you continue to receive a world class education and remain healthy and safe. University of Illinois leadership will continue to share the latest information on the COVID-19 website, and the college leadership team will do the same within the LAS COVID-19 website.
We’ve compiled a list of quick tips to help you find success as you continue studies off site. As the final weeks of the semester get underway:
Plan your day.
- Create a home workspace.
- Keep your routine: shower, get dressed, keep your blocks for studying.
- Schedule breaks to get active, check in with friends or family, and grab a nutritious meal.
- Close up shop at the end of the day. As you would on campus, log off and allow yourself time to rest.
Become familiar with the software you need for success.
- Read your professors’ or instructors’ notes carefully to ensure your devices are suited for your upcoming coursework.
- Use campus resources, such as ATLAS and Technology Services, when you hit a speed bump with your technology.
- Check your email and messages often and respond during traditional class time or office hours.
- Reach out for clarification on assignments and projects. Use the various communication tools to engage with your classmates and professors/instructors
- Stay in touch with friends and family.
For more tips, view the university’s additional suggestions here.
Although the LAS Student Academic Affairs Office is not available for walk-ins, advisors are online during regular business hours to assist you. We want to ensure you have access to the help that you need.
Be safe and be well. We hope to see you on campus again soon.