We discussed Amanda Gorman's poem "The Hill We Climb" with Quintionna Parks, a creative writing student studying poetry.
- LAS students share the things that helped them get through a difficult semester
- LAS students share the books they're excited to read over winter break
- LAS student Jose Munoz shares three ways he's grown as a person and student at U of I.
- Evan Neilson is a junior studying history. As a campus COVID Wellness Ambassador, he believes in the importance of students coming together to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- LAS student Ariana Daneshbodi shares three reasons why she's glad she chose to study in the College of LAS.
- With an affinity for writing and a passion for politics, Brendan McGovern searched for opportunities that would fulfill his interests and help him develop professionally.
- Megan Resurreccion—a senior in creative writing—plans to pursue a PhD in information science/data science upon graduation, with an ultimate goal of studying how we can use technology to capture data for social justice. Her humanities degree will help her get there.
- Victoria Wilson is a junior studying atmospheric sciences in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences. Originally from the town of Clinton, IL, Wilson has grown to love living in Champaign-Urbana.