When thinking about how connected you feel with majors and careers, a great place to start is to consider how a particular opportunity aligns with:
- Your interests (what you enjoy)
- Your skills (things you are good at doing)
- Your values and priorities (what is important to you)
What draws you to these experiences, and where do you feel most energized?
- Top Ten Reasons Why I am a Great Candidate – A narrative approach
- Mind Mapping – A visual/graphical approach
Try out one of these resource guides. If you would like assistance, you can reach out to a Peer Mentor or come to LAS Career Services for career coaching.
Working through activities such as these provides a strong foundation for your later conversations in informational interviews, networking meetings, and career fairs. You can develop strong descriptions of what you bring to future work or graduate/professional school environments, with examples that illustrate your skills in action.