LAS 102: Transfer Advantage is a course designed to assist new transfer students in their transition to our college and campus. Students who enroll in this eight-week, one-credit course will:
- learn skills to successfully transition to Illinois
- have immediate access to a transfer peer mentor who can answer your many questions about your new life as an Illinois transfer student
- learn about important and valuable campus resources
- enjoy a small classroom environment and meet other people who may become life-long friends
- learn about the values that distinguish the College of LAS
- use design thinking methods to make the most of your Illinois experience
The format of the Transfer Advantage course will include lessons and workshops designed to meet the specific needs of a diverse transfer student population.
If you would like more information on whether this course would be a good fit for you in your first semester with us in the College of LAS, please consult with the academic advisor for your major and the LAS 102 staff members listed below
LAS 102 interns
Using the class section listed, find your intern's LAS e-portfolio and contact information.