I am currently working with Tricia Thrasher (a PhD candidate in French) to study how virtual reality technology can be integrated in second language learning classrooms to reduce foreign language anxiety.
- Connor Barnes and Zackary Landers are history majors working on completing research on topics including U.S. perceptions of Latin America through film and urban space in Black Chicago. We met with them to discuss their recent participation in the first History Showcase.
- Evan Dray is a junior in LAS pursuing majors in chemistry and molecular & cellular biology. Dray was recently awarded the prestigious Goldwater scholarship—we caught up with him to learn more about the scholarship and his journey at U of I.
- Sophie Luijten is a junior majoring in global studies and Spanish. She recently conducted research through the Humanities Research Institute (HRI). We caught up with her to learn more about her experience as an undergraduate researcher in the humanities.
- Matt Fanelli is a junior in history and media and cinema. He recently conducted research through the Humanities Research Institute (HRI). We caught up with him to learn more about his experience as an undergraduate researcher in the humanities.
- LAS graduate Lauren Mazurkiewicz shares about her undergraduate experience in the College of LAS.
- LAS graduate Peter Kolyvas shares about his undergraduate experience in the College of LAS.
- LAS students Troy Zaremba and Kaylee Heimes share about their undergraduate research experiences within the Department of Atmospheric Sciences.
- LAS graduate Abby Knipp writes about her amazing journey at Illinois, one that ultimately led her to a career in marine biology.
- Bridget Mueller-Brennan is doing what she loves because of her experiences at Illinois.